Friday, December 30, 2011

20. Journal: Black Men and Public Spaces - Staples

Write about a time when you feel like you altered public space - in other words, you changed people's attitudes or behaviors just by being in a place or entering a situation.

I can't remember a time when I felt like I changed public space. However, I can remember a time, many times actually, when I have experience other people change a public space. This is the mot evident in our school hallways and cafeteria. Many students in our school speak chinese even though we are not supposed to. Therefore, whenever a teacher or principal walks by, I see people nudging their friends. The next second, everyone on the hallways change the language they converse in. This is probably an example of someone altering space (hopefully) without even noticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment