Tuesday, February 7, 2012

25. Online Piracry

Unfortunately, I wasn't in class on Monday, so I missed the discussion on fair use and online piracy. However, I will just talk about my point of view on the following blog:


First of all, I am pretty sure that online piracy is the most commonly committed theft there is. It is just too easy to get illegal things off the internet for free. Pretty much everyone I know that uses a computer has downloaded some sort of music or video from the internet. I think the main reason for this is the easy accessibility and the fact that there really doesn't seem to be an effective way to prohibit such actions. Yes, we have occasionally encountered websites being shut down because if these infringements, but there are just so many more other websites out there that provides the same thing. In fact, we do it so often that half the time we forget we are breaking the law and hurting entertainment industries. Another reason for online piracy is so common is that is saves huge amounts of money and time - for those that illegally provides and downloads the information. However, in terms of the people who own these information, it is extremely unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment