Tuesday, April 10, 2012

35. Being a Chink Journal Writing

So far in life, I have never felt particularly defensive for my parents. The only time I felt the need to help, or protect you might say, about anything was about the english language. My parents have spent huge sums to send my to this American school. They are giving me a chance to learn a language that they are not particularly familiar with. They gave me the chance to exceed them in this language. So, when it comes time that they have to communicate in English (mainly in the written form) I am of some help. When there were translations needed to be done, I am usually the use to be asked. 
Once, my mom asked me to check her e-mail to her friend in the States before she sent it. The e-mail was generally fine, with just a few awkward phrases and grammar. I explained my changes while I did them. After the edit, my mom patted my back and said, "Thank you. That was a great help for me. The money I spent was worth it." Even though she said it half-jokingly, I felt a tiny pang in my heart. They gave so much to me. My 3-minute edit can never compare to the sum and the time they spent for my education. Yet, my mom was still so appreciative over something so small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment