Monday, November 14, 2011

13. Journal Writing: Shooting Dad - Vowell

To me, the father in “Shooting Dad” sounds pretty immature. What kind of dads would call up their daughter just to tell them he had canceled out her vote on Election Day? I can relate to the author because I feel like my relationship with my father is similar the one described by Vowell. Although we can agree on certain things, I feel like our logic and thinking pattern just doesn’t seem very compatible. While I tend to do things more slowly, one step at a time, he finishes things fast and hates waiting for others. Take eating for example. I probably take half and hour or more to eat a proper meal, but my dad could finish his food in ten minutes. Very often, when we eat in a restaurant, my dad would jus walk out after he is done, leaving the rest of the family to finish by ourselves. He says the room is too stuffy and he can’t stay for long. When he does that, I feel a pressure to finish my lunch because someone if waiting outside. These differences sometimes get me really frustrated like Vowell does with her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment